Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Darth Vader

 So when I first got a request for this cake, I glanced at it and thought 'That looks simple enough'. As a week or so went by and I started to study it a little closer, there were a couple elements I became concerned about. And I started to wonder why I had taken the order. Concern #1: the painting on the tiers is air brushed, and I do not own an air brush. Concern #2: I had never sculpted a human figure before. Not only have I not sculpted one before, but I was terrified to even try sculpting one. But nothing ventured, nothing gained! So I did some creative thinking and I watched some YouTube videos and I gave it my best shot. I have to say, I am proud of how Vader turned out. He is my sturdiest sculpture to date, and I may not be quite so terrified of sculpting anymore. He took me about 6 hours, weighed almost 9 ounces, and stood about 6 inches tall. The cake is 10" chocolate fudge with raspberry filling, vanilla buttercream, and fondant. 8" red velvet with mexican vanilla buttercream and fondant.




No comments:

Post a Comment